We are improving our practice to protect YOU and our staff post COVID-19.
At Coastal Dental Arts, we have always utilized OSHA standards for infection control. We follow all the guidelines from the California Dental Association (CDA), American Dental Association® (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and various other local and state agencies.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shined a bright light on the importance of infection control, especially in the dental field. While we have always maintained infection control at or beyond industry standards, we are taking additional steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
These new protocols include but are not limited to the following:
- Social distancing practices whenever possible
- Masks must be worn when entering the practice
- Patients should NOT wear gloves when entering the practice
- Patients shall wash hands prior to entering the practice
- Magazines and other periodicals have been removed from lobby
- Front office staff will be wearing face mask throughout the day
- Front counters will be disinfected after each patient interaction
- Staff will be wearing additional Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), including:
- Disposable gowns
- Nurse caps
- Face shields
- N95/KN95 masks
- Air purification devices have been installed throughout the practice. These devices will help reduce aerosols and eliminate microbes using its HEPA filter and UV light.
In the next few months, we will also begin IgG/IgM antibody testing for all patients who come to the office. This will help us determine if you have been exposed to COVID-19 and enable us to make treatment decisions to best suit your needs. I have also made efforts to get the Abott Labs 5-minute COVID-19 test available to dentists nationwide. Check out the video I made about this below. More on this when the test becomes available.
Please enjoy this Zoom recording with Dr. Chotiner discussing new protocols implemented at Coastal Dental Arts. We apologize the abrupt start of the video; the recording began a few minutes late.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact Dr. Chotiner at email@example.com.
We know you have a choice in who you select to care for your dental needs, and we are grateful you have chosen us. Rest assured we will continue to adapt our practice in whatever way is necessary to maintain THE highest level of infection control possible.